2011年3月30日星期三

Dear Wendy: "Should I Leave My Boyfriend Behind?"

Dear Wendy

I am a 21-year-old college student, graduating this spring. I was recently accepted to an Ivy League institution to pursue my graduate degree, and I have never been more excited! However, I have a boyfriend of over six years, who really wants to follow me to graduate school. At first, this seemed like a great idea. I am very happy that he supports me and we have a very strong relationship. However, he does not have a lot of ambition. While I will be going for a graduate degree, he failed out of college and has not really shown any interest in going back. He is currently a cook, and would be able to get a job pretty easily if we move. He has also talked about other labor jobs or bartending. Another concern is that he has never lived anywhere but with his parents. I have been on my own for four years. I am worried that he'll find it difficult to live away from home. On the other hand, I think it would be a great opportunity for him to move to a city where there are many more opportunities for him. Considering all of this, I am also concerned about myself. I want to be able to take advantage of this opportunity to attend an Ivy League institution to the fullest. I do love him, and I don't want to lose him, but I am really unsure if he should come along with me, or if I should essentially leave him behind. I don't want to have any regrets. What do you think I should do? — Off to an Ivy

Source: http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-dear-wendy-should-i-leave-my-boyfriend-behind/?eref=RSS

Gwen Stefani Halle Berry Hilary Swank Penélope Cruz

没有评论:

发表评论